Where can I find my phone banking number?
In your welcome pack, the bank provided you with a 10-digit number, this is your phone banking number. Call and verify yourself through questions or visit branch to request it reissued.
I don't know my phone banking PIN.
This is a 6-digit PIN that you may have generated by calling our contact centre to access your phone banking service. If you don't already have your phone banking PIN, please call us on the number written at the back of your card.
My phone banking PIN is locked so I can’t use it to register. What should I do?
In the event your phone banking PIN gets locked out, please call us on the number written at the back of your card to reset it.
I've misplaced / forgotten my card PIN, so I can’t use it to register. What should I do?
If you’ve forgotten one of your card PINs you can use an alternative card to register. You can also register using your Phone Banking Number and PIN.
What characters are allowed in my username, password and security answers?
Your username must:
- be 6-30 characters
- can only contain letters, numbers or the following special characters _ (Underscore), ' (Apostrophe), . (Dot), - (Dash)
- Your password and security answers must include the following:
- 8-30 characters
- only letters, numbers or these special characters @ (At), _ (Underscore), ' (Apostrophe), . (Dot), - (Dash), ? (Question mark)
- it must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number
- no common patterns or words e.g. password, 12345, qwerty, A1a2a3a4
- must not match any of your other HSBC log on or security details
Can I use online banking once I've completed registration?
Yes. Once registration is complete, you can log on to online banking with the same credentials that you have created. You can also use them to activate the HSBC Mobile Banking app.