Need to open an account in another country or region?
International banking support
Opening an account in another country or region
Whether you are moving to a new place, or have financial commitments in your home country or region, we are here to help you set up your account in advance.
The process is simple. You will have contacts from International Services who can support you with the end to end journey of opening an account, offer guidance on the required documents and deliver helpful account tools to you.
Available in more than 29 countries and regions
- Global View of HSBC Accounts and Global Transfers1
Manage your worldwide HSBC account with a single log-on and enjoy instant fee-free transfers between your accounts in a range of currencies.
- ·Premier in one, Premier in all
If you are an existing Premier customer, you are automatically eligible for a Premier account in other countries or regions where Premier is offered.
Find out how HSBC Premier can help you.
When you open a Premier Account, you open the door to a range of prestigious services, which you can access any time, from anywhere in the world.
- automatic HSBC Premier status in 29 markets around the world
- access to all your global HSBC Premier accounts online in one place with fee-free instant foreign exchange transfers through GV/GT1
- overseas account opening support prior to moving or working abroad2
- foreign currency accounts and debit cards available in USD, EUR and GBP, with competitive rates, and no transaction processing fees when transacting or withdrawing cash in the same currency
- next day replacements for your cards if they're lost or stolen, along with a cash advance of up to USD 2,000 each day - more if you have the funds in your account
Opening an account in Bahrain as a foreign national
Before you get here
To make your move to Bahrain as easy as possible, we can set up your account before you arrive.
This means we'll:
- talk you through what you need to do to get a Bahrain ID
- take copies of the documents we'll need
- carry out our internal checks
Once you arrive
We're here to help from the moment you set foot in Bahrain. Once you’ve arrived we’ll:
- arrange a meeting to finalise your account set up
- open your account
- issue your debit card
Your account can be fully utilized as soon as you get your Bahrain ID.
You might be interested in
Find out more about our international services in other countries and regions.
1Global Transfer services are only available for Premier and Advance customers. Global Transfers are effected instantly (typically within 6 seconds of submitting the required information) for supported currencies. See a list of supported currencies. Exceptionally, in circumstances outside of our control, it may not be possible to effect your transfer through Global Transfers, in which case you should contact our Customer Services or use another method.
2Applies to countries and regions where HSBC Premier is available.