What you can do
• Make domestic and international money transfers to third party accounts New*
• Open a new Term Deposit New*
• Send and receive secure messages with HSBC about any banking enquiry you may have New*
• View the account balance, account details and account history for all your HSBC Bahrain accounts on one screen
• Pay your domestic utility** and credit card bills
• Check exchange rates*** and use the built-in currency calculator
HSBC Mobile Banking is also the ideal way to stay updated on credit card offers in Bahrain or worldwide. Whether you travel abroad or are looking for a shopping, dining or leisure experience in Bahrain, you'll never miss out again.
Get familiar with Mobile Banking View Demo
How to register
1. To register for HSBC Mobile Banking, simply
Register for Internet Banking .
View demo on how to register for Internet Banking.
If you are already registered for Internet Banking then follow step 2 and 3.
2. Download and install the HSBC Mobile Banking App suitable to your smartphone/tablet from App store (Qatar) or Google Play Store.
3. Use your existing login details to log on to HSBC Mobile Banking.
Please follow our security tips when using HSBC Mobile Banking:
• We recommend that you regularly install and update the latest antivirus and anti-spyware software on your smartphone
• You should not share your smartphone with anyone after logging on to HSBC Mobile Banking
• Always ensure you log off properly when you're finished with HSBC Mobile Banking
• When using a Wi-Fi connection, use trusted Wi-Fi networks or service providers and enable security protection such as Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), if possible
• We recommend that you do not use smartphones which have been jailbroken or modified against the manufacturer's or network operator's guidelines, as this may have created security loopholes
• You should enable screen lock and password protection on your phone to prevent unauthorised access
• Regularly clear the cache
For the full list of security tips, please visit: www.hsbc.com/online-security.
Answers to frequently asked questions
From managing your accounts online to what you can do in Mobile Banking to details on making transfers and payments. It's all here.
What is Mobile banking?
HSBC Personal Mobile Banking is the existing Internet Banking service, available for Android and iOS based smartphones and iPad ®.
How is Mobile Banking different to Internet Banking?
HSBC Personal Mobile Banking is the existing Internet Banking service, available for Android and iOS based mobile devices and iPad ®. You can access your accounts on smartphones using HSBC Mobile Banking App.
How do I access Mobile Banking?
Download and install the HSBC Mobile Banking App suitable to your smartphone/tablet from App store (Bahrain) or Play Store.
Use your existing login details to log on to HSBC Mobile Banking.
How much does Mobile Banking cost?
HSBC Mobile Banking App is absolutely free!
You may incur internet data charges from your mobile service provider or internet service provider if you are connected via wireless internet. To confirm these charges, please contact your internet/mobile service provider.
Do I need to register for Mobile Banking?
You have to have registered for Internet Banking through a computer and accepted the Internet Banking terms and conditions. You do not need to register again for mobile banking. You can simply download and install the HSBC Mobile Banking App suitable to your smartphone/tablet from App store (Bahrain) or Play Store and use your existing logon details.
Which HSBC banking services are available using Mobile Banking?
The following services are available through HSBC Personal Mobile Banking:
• View your account balances and details
• View your last 20 transactions
• Transfer money between your local HSBC accounts
• Pay existing billers
• Receive messages from HSBC
For security reasons, there are certain functionalities (eg Telegraphic Transfers, change of personal details or opening new accounts) that are not available through the mobile and these can only be done through your internet banking session via computer
Using Mobile Banking
Can I still use regular Internet Banking via my mobile phone?
Yes. To log on to HSBC Internet Banking, type www.hsbc.com.bh into the browser address bar and you will be directed to the regular HSBC website and you can access the full suite of HSBC Internet Banking features (your mobile device should be able to deliver the content).
Can I access HSBC Mobile Banking overseas?
Yes, you can access HSBC Mobile Banking anywhere you have an internet connection via your smartphone/tablet.
Do I need an HSBC account to use Mobile Banking?
To use HSBC's Mobile Banking, you must have an HSBC account and be registered for Internet Banking.
Can I schedule a transfer for a later or recurring date using Mobile Banking?
Transfers and bill payments are 'pay now' only. To schedule a transfer or bill payment, you need to access Internet Banking using your computer.
Can I pay bills using HSBC Mobile Banking?
You can pay billers that have already been set up on Internet Banking via a computer. You cannot set up new billers via the Mobile Banking service.
Can I set up a new biller?
No. To set up a new biller you need to access Internet Banking using your computer.
Can I change or delete a scheduled payment I have set up using Mobile Banking?
No. To modify a transfer or bill payment, you need to access Internet Banking using your computer.
Who can I contact for help with HSBC Mobile Banking?
Should you require help with Mobile Banking, simply open the 'Contact Us' page, which can be found in the footer of the page. Alternatively, for further information about HSBC products and services, please call or send us a message.
|Personal banking customers
|| 8000 1771 (within Bahrain)
+973 1756 9639 (outside Bahrain)
||8000 1288 (within Bahrain),
on +9714 2241000 (outside Bahrain)
|| 17 569 569 (within Bahrain),
on +973 1756 9639 (outside Bahrain)
For any technical assistance about Mobile Banking, please contact our Mobile Banking helpdesk on 8000 1771 (within Bahrain) or +973 17 569 569 (outside Bahrain).
Can I be logged on to Internet Banking and Mobile Banking at the same time?
No. You will receive an error message if you are already logged on and try to log on through a second device.
What happens if I get locked out of Mobile Banking or have forgotten my password?
It is recommended that you access Internet Banking using a computer and select the 'forgotten password' link or contact our Mobile Banking helpdesk on 8000 1771 (within Bahrain) or +973 1756 9639 (outside Bahrain).
What happens to my session if my phone locks from inactivity?
For security reasons, the Mobile Banking session will become inactive after 10 minutes of being idle.
Can I exit HSBC Mobile Banking by closing the App or switching off the mobile phone?
Closing the App or switching off the mobile phone may not close the HSBC Mobile Banking session properly. We strongly recommend you click 'Logout' to properly close the Mobile Banking session.
What happens if I answer a phone call or SMS while using Mobile Banking?
If a device supports multitasking (running multiple applications at one time), the banking session may stay logged on. On some devices, however, Mobile Banking may time out. If you were in the middle of a transaction, please verify if your transaction was completed through the transaction history.
Is it safe to use my mobile for Internet Banking?
Mobile Banking is as safe as accessing Internet Banking through a computer and it implements the same security measures as Internet Banking.
• Encryption. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Encryption technology is used within your Mobile Banking session to encrypt your personal information. At HSBC, we use 128-bit SSL Encryption, which is accepted as the industry standard level
• Session time-out. If you forget to log out, or your mobile remains inactive for a period of time during a session, then our systems automatically log you off
• Your money is protected as long as you observe HSBC's Internet Banking terms and conditions, including maintaining the security of your access codes and passwords
Is Mobile Banking on my mobile device going to be slow?
No. To counter the problem of having to download a large amount of content as seen on our Internet Banking site, Mobile Banking will operate by sending a comparatively very small amount of information at a time to ensure the quickest possible mobile experience.
Why can't I connect to the internet on my mobile phone?
If you are unable to access the internet through your mobile phone, you should contact your mobile phone provider or the manufacturer's technical support.
It's taking a long time to load when I access the logon etc. Is there a problem with your service?
The service has been tested and the pages are built for quick loading. Please make sure the internet connection (through Wi-Fi or 3G) is available.
What mobile devices can I use?
Mobile Banking is available for the following mobile devices:
• iPhone ®, iPod Touch ® and iPad ® with iOS version 5 or above
• Android based smartphones with Android OS version 2.3 or above
HSBC is working to support other mobile platforms and devices in the future.