Transfer money around the world*
Whether you're looking to transfer money for personal or business needs, for your family back home, for your children's education or for investment or savings purposes, HSBC International Money Transfer is a safe, convenient and hassle-free way to make a payment.
The advantages that make life easier
Enjoy convenience and peace of mind when you use HSBC Money Transfer for international transactions.
Benefits to accommodate your needs:
- Exchange Rate Certainty
Make your payment or transfer in the currency of the beneficiary account and benefit from our exchange rate. If you choose to send your payment in BHD, the exact converted amount will be subject to the exchange rate applicable by the recipient's bank
- Global Connectivity
Send money to over 150 countries in up to 36 different currencies with personal assistance from our team, either online, at your local branch or over the phone
- Online fee discount
Transfer online and save up to BHD 2/- on the transaction fee when transferring money outside Bahrain
- Fast transfers
Whether you're sending money to HSBC India or HSBC Jersey, transfers are received the same day. If you are an Advance or Premier customer transferring to your HSBC account globally, your transfer can be instant*
* For transfers to your personal HSBC accounts around the world, please refer to Global View and Global Transfers.
Simply choose the way that suits you best â take a look at the things you should know on how to make an International Money Transfer.
Registered for Internet Banking?
It's easy. All you need to do is:
1. Log on using your User ID and Password
2. Select 'Transfer'
3. Select the account from which you want to transfer money
4. Fill beneficiary and transfer amount details
5. Confirm your transfer
You can also set up and schedule transfers to beneficiary accounts for future / recurring payments by saving this transfer instruction as a template for future use.
Not yet registered for Internet Banking?
It only takes a few minutes to register and once you receive your security details in the post, you'll be able to make domestic money transfers quickly and securely online.
Access your accounts quickly and securely, on the move with HSBC. It's easy all you need to do is:
1. Register to Personal Internet Banking - Please refer to the above section for instruction
2. Download the application from the Apple app store, or visit www.hsbc.com.bh from your Apple device
3. Log on using your secure key
4. Tap on "Bank".
5. Select "Transfer".
6. Select the account from which you want to transfer money.
7. Fill beneficiary and transfer amount details.
8. Confirm your transfer.
Find out more
See the demo
Transfer by phone
To make a Domestic transfer by phone, kindly call us on the appropriate number below:
+971 4 224 100
17 569 569
+973 17 569 569
Personal Banking customers
17 569 999
+973 17 569 999
Automated Phone Banking System Menu
In order to transfer money through our Automated Phone banking system you need to create a 'saved transfer template'. Create the template through a phone banking agent or by visiting a branch or Customer Service Centre.
Find a branch
To make an International Money Transfer from your account at HSBC, please visit your local branch or with valid photo identification and completed remittance form.
Find a branch
Electronic Funds Transfer System (EFTS)
Fees & Charges
Things you should know*
Before making a payment, be sure to have the following at hand:
- Your HSBC account number
- Receiver's full name and postal address
- Receiver's banking information:**
- International Bank Account Number (IBAN) or account number
- The bank or the intermediary bank Sort/ Swift / BIC code
- Purpose of payment
Click here for the list of Participating IBAN countries.
** Some countries may request additional information
* Payments will be routed overseas using this information. Incorrect or invalid information may lead to the payment being delayed or rejected by the overseas bank. In such cases, because of charges and differences in exchange rates, you may not receive the full amount back.
|Types of transfer
|International Money Transfer
|Money Transfer to HSBC India and/or HSBC Expat Jersey, above or equal to USD 2,000
|Correspondent bank charges only when payment option "OUR" is selected (within HBSC Group)
|Correspondent bank charges only when payment option "OUR" is selected (outside HBSC Group)
* Correspondent bank charges may apply
Payments will be routed overseas using this information. Incorrect or invalid information may lead to the payment being delayed or rejected by the overseas bank. In such cases, because of charges and differences in exchange rates, you may not receive the full amount back.